On behalf of the entire staff at Lincoln, I would like to welcome you to our school. Lincoln Elementary has a long tradition of excellence. We serve approximately 400 students and are located in the central part of the school district, west of Interstate 5 and near the downtown area. We take pride in a variety of different things that make our school special and unique, including a diverse and amazing population of students in grades K-5. Our students are eager to learn and show their enthusiasm for Lincoln each and every day. What makes our school special?
- We have a Family-Community Resource Center that we call the Family Room. Often you will find parents and community members there participating in our Lunch Buddy program; making plans with our business partner, Trinity Lutheran Church; attending the Read and Grow program coordinated through ESD 112; having coffee with me; using computers for various reasons; and more.
- We recently began the WATCH D.O.G.S. program, which stands for Dads of Great Students. This program provides positive male role models for students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important. We currently have about 50 dads involved in this program and hope to get even more!
- We have a strong parent leadership organization called the Lincoln Parent Staff Group. Similar to a PTA, but without the dues, the LPSG meets every other month to plan activities that benefit our students and school.
- Our school also has a college-focused culture. Every classroom has adopted a different university, wears T-shirts on Friday to show pride in their college and shouts college chants at our monthly Lincoln Logger assemblies.
- Our staff has attended a number of professional development opportunities to learn about No Excuses University. Our college emphasis came from this program, as did our focus on universal achievement for each and every one of our students.
- Love and Logic and Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports, known as PBIS, both play important roles in how we manage student behaviors and promote a positive environment at Lincoln. Love and Logic teaches our students to take responsibility for behaviors. We view behavior issues as opportunities for our kids to lean more appropriate behaviors. One of the tenets of PBIS is a focus on recognizing kids when they make good choices. We make a conscientious effort to recognize students at least four times for positive behaviors to every one correction.
- We are an RTI school as well. RTI stands for Response to Intervention. In short, our staff is very diligent about providing academic and behavior interventions for students in an effort to meet specific needs. We monitor the success of our interventions and analyze data to determine what impact the interventions have on our students.
In order to have a positive impact on our students, we need them in school, on time, every day. Our motto is “ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.” There is much research that shows that students with good attendance have the most success in school.
Thank you for your interest in Lincoln, and thank you for partnering with us to educate our future. We believe our job is the most important one in the whole world.
Principal, Lincoln Elementary